About the Company
Our client is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly that conducts value-for-money and financial audits. They are looking for an Audit Supervisor who will supervise all aspects of attest audits.
Why Work Here
- Work for a well reputed organization, with a robust team.
- Tons of opportunity for growth and progression
- Good work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Supervise all aspects of attest audits. From time-to-time, you may also supervise VFM audits and special projects.
- Supervise audits in accordance with professional standards and various legislation
- Excellent knowledge of standards and guidance related to GAAP (with a focus on PSAS and IFRS) and GAAS (including CAS).
- Understanding of the Ontario government environment and legislative processes and government policies and procedures is an asset
- Working knowledge of computer systems, IT controls and CAATS
- Excellent analytical skills to assess multi-dimensional audit issues
- Strong organizational skills to supervise a variety of audits at one time, promote effective audit processes, and meet tight deadlines
- Professional judgment to independently conduct audits, identify issues and determine their underlying cause/impact, and develop sound conclusions and recommendations
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to supervise a team of accounting professionals through all phases of audits and foster a cooperative team environment and staff development
- Strong oral communication skills to build professional relationships, discuss audit plans, resolve accounting issues and communicate observations and recommendations
- Excellent written communication skills to ensure reports are clear, concise, fully supported and easily understood by auditees and the public
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant auditing experience at a public accounting firm
- Excellent knowledge of standards and guidance related to GAAP (with a focus on PSAS and IFRS) and GAAS (including CAS)
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #296980.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.