About the Company
Our team of trusted audit professionals interact with every part of the Bank to provide strategic guidance and independent oversight. Through due diligence, and with a strong sense of integrity, we help mitigate potential risks to our business. At the heart of audit is our specialization in all the businesses across the bank.
We’re counted on to provide recommendations to enhance operational performance, at every single level to foster meaningful process improvements and ensure adherence to internal and external regulations. We crunch the data, consult with our partners and stakeholders, and present our findings to mitigate the risks of today and around the corner and help keep our daily operations running smoothly for our customers.
About the Opportunity
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the audit function and play a key role in the development and implementation of programs
- Plan, lead / manage and/or oversee audit activities requiring alignment across multiple areas, and ensure audits are executed and completed in accordance with established standards and within prescribed parameters
- Oversee/lead audits and/or execute the follow-up of findings arising from internal audits and regulatory reviews in accordance with policy
- Oversee/lead the ongoing audit communications and/or the reporting process with the client, senior management and external auditors for specific and/or overall Audit area
- Provide direction and/or input to complex, wide ranging audit initiatives as a subject matter expert and where necessary participate in identifying, designing and testing solutions and supporting the implementation
- Lead / manage the integrated implementation of policies / processes / procedures / changes across multiple functional areas
- Act as the audit lead or audit advisor to management and respective teams for areas of specialization. Report on emerging trends, identifying issues and opportunities and recommending action to senior management
- Facilitate key discussions and provide thought leadership to executive audience
- Adhere to internal policies / procedures, enterprise frameworks and methodologies and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying control weaknesses/failures, potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies for their business area
- Actively manage relationships with business lines/ corporate and/or control functions and ensure alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts to the Bank
- Assess / identify key issues and escalate to appropriate levels and relevant stakeholders where required
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure in alignment with risk appetite
- Participate in cross-functional / enterprise initiatives as a subject matter expert helping to identify risk / provide guidance for complex situations
- Provides thought leadership and/or industry knowledge for own area of expertise
- Encourage a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Contribute to the overall performance management process by providing coaching and input into team members' assessment on assigned audits
- Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications, accounting designations, or equivalent education
- 7+ years of relevant experience within the Financial Services industry
- Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized audit practice area and may provide work direction to others
- Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
- May lead and/or provide supervisory oversight to complex audits and ensure completion.
- Advanced knowledge of external competition, industry and/or market trends in relation to own function / business
- Scope of role may have enterprise impact
- Undertake and complete a variety of complex audit projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
- May oversee and/or independently perform concurrent multiple audits and related tasks from end to end
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Generally reports to a Senior Audit Group Manager or executive role
$95,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27444.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.