About the Company
Our client is a boutique firm. They are looking for an Assurance Manager/Senior Manager whowill be responsible for providing guidance to a team of six driven professionals in all things, from technical to staffing.
Why Work Here
- Entrepreneurial firm, and for clients to visit
- Low turnover
- Close knit culture
About the Opportunity
- Oversee assurance team’s scheduling and resource management
- Contribute to team engagement by demonstrating excellent leadership skills
- Conduct detail review of audit, review and compilation engagements
- Identify corporate and associated personal tax issues and opportunities, including compensation planning, income splitting, loss utilization, etc.
- Provide plain English recommendations on improvements to internal control systems and best business practices
- Conduct accounting and assurance research
- Stay abreast of standard changes and consider their impact on the firm’s clients
- Develop and conduct internal staff training sessions
- Manage own schedule to ensure client reporting deadlines are met
- Create time efficiencies and manage multiple deadlines
- Contribute to our positive team dynamic with all levels of staff and management
- Develop respect-based relationships with clients and team members
- one year in a manager role in public practice dealing with owner-managed clients
- A background in tax compliance
- Experience in issues relevant to owner-managed businesses
$150,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #300558.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.