About the Company
Our client is a growing Real Estate Asset Management Company. They are looking for an Associate, Finance Operations who will have direct responsibilities in operational duties including recording and reconciling financial and investment transactions, delivering timely and accurate financial reports and troubleshooting of daily issues.
Why Work Here
- Excellent work life balance
- Growth / Advancement opportunities
About the Opportunity
- Accounting, fund operations and reporting
- Responsible for daily operations of the public and private funds and its subsidiaries, including NAV review, investor transactions, distributions, preparation of funds’ budgets and reconciliations
- Work with property accounting team to ensure relevant transactions are recorded accurately in a timely manner
- Responsible for month end reporting, including management fee calculation, management reporting and other ad-hoc accounting duties
- Assist with private investments valuations including, but not limited to, maintaining valuation records, corresponding with investment team and/or external property managers
- Responsible for preparing of periodic compliance package, including debt covenant calculation
- Assist with audit, review of financial statements shells and preparation of periodic financial statements, which includes preparation of consolidation workbook, fund management reporting and other periodic reporting requirements
- Process improvement and other ad-hocs
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to streamline processes
- Responsible for the accuracy of data utilized for performance measurement, analytics and regulatory compliance
- Work with team members to improve operational efficiency and client services
- Assist in the reporting and ongoing review of operational metrics
- Respond to inquiries and requests from other departments
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in a processional and timely manner; being able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
- 5+ years of experience in investment accounting and financial reporting (IFRS)
- Public and/or real-estate industry experience considered an asset
$80,000 to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318386.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.