About the Company
Our client is a leading full-service Canadian real estate investment company. They are looking for an Associate Director who will be responsible for the financial operations of the Company.
Why Work Here
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Highly competent team
- Reasonable work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Monitoring of financial performance of underlying assets, comparing results to budget and drawing strategic implications
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Drafting of the quarterly/annual reporting packages for investors
- Coordination of the annual financial statement audits
- Review of reporting provided by property/development managers including identifying and obtaining supporting documentation for significant activity in the month
- The property level accounting is outsourced to property/development managers, who will report their information to the Senior Analyst, Finance
- Assistance with financial planning and forecasting of cashflow for the Funds
- Assistance with financial modeling of forecasted Fund returns (including waterfalls)
- Assistance with the calculations related to investor capital calls and distributions
- Assistance in closing matters for all acquisitions & dispositions
- Analysis required for credit facility draws and repayments
- Coordination with tax advisors for annual partnership income tax filings and effective tax planning
- Ad hoc finance support as required by asset managers, investment team, and senior leadership
- Review of the compliance reporting packages for the fund level and property level debt
- Assistance with setting of accounting policies and internal controls where necessary
- Oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Review of sales tax filings
- Experience working at a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Manager level or above
- Familiarity with consolidated financial reporting
- Experience within the asset management or real estate industry
$120,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #327137.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.