About the Company
Our client is an independent power producer. They are looking for an Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting who will be responsible for participating closely in regulatory audits and financial reporting and assisting the Controller in establishing and maintaining continuous improvement of the department’s activities across the global enterprise.
Why Work Here
- Hardworking and high-performance team with varied strengths.
- Family culture where teamwork and collaboration are key to tackling projects
About the Opportunity
- Preparing consolidated financial statements (multi-currency consolidation).
- Managing and leading external audits.
- Assisting with Financial & Regulatory reporting.
- Coordinating the month end and year end process.
- Auditing legal agreements to ensure alignment with accounting policies & standards (IFRS 9, IFRS 16) and preparing accounting memos.
- Managing the general ledger.
- Assisting with developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
- Liaising with global accounting teams.
- 5 years accounting experience in public accounting or industry
- Have strong knowledge of IFRS (in particular IFRS 9 and 16) including the latest standards
$90,000 to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #298915.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.