About the Company
Our client is a premier provider of disposal services and is one of the largest in North America. They are looking for an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for overseeing the daily accounting operations of the finance department and assist with period-end close process for the Toronto District.
Why Work Here
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative culture and a strong culture that rewards exceptional performance.
- Family type of atmosphere and is supportive of professional development.
About the Opportunity
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
- Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Prepare all capital purchase requests for the district, including preparation of all support documents
- Implement and maintain required internal controls
- Implement and maintain regular reporting processes to support operations
- Coordinating and performing Inventory counts – Rolling Stock, Container, and Truck Shop inventory
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review
- Special projects as assigned.
- Strong full hands-on accounting experience from a medium/large company
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318374.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.