About the Company
Our client is a producer and supplier company. They are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to support the finance team and oversee the core group accounting functions.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to grow
- High exposure role, working with senior leadership team
- Smaller mining company, growing, developing company so roles could evolve and develop
About the Opportunity
- Managing the monthly financial close process, including the review of journal entries and account reconciliations, detailed reviews of entity trial balances, balance sheet analytics, review of financial statements inputs, analysis of results against budgets and forecasts and coordination and collaboration with the Finance management team and business leads.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller on the quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables, including preparation of the group consolidation and supporting schedules, financial statements and MD&A
- Generate financial schedules and analyses on key subjects to assist the Finance management team with the planning and strategic decision-making process.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures to improve or streamline processes in accordance with internal controls.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, as well as other professional service providers. Respond to inquiries and provide information and reports as requested / follow up with staff to ensure timely delivery of requests.
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc finance projects, which may include managing the project life cycle and ensuring project goals, timelines and budget are met; or participate as a team member; or guide and support project team members to meet project goals and timelines.
- Oversight of group cash balances and responsible for cash management between the various company entities.
- Support the group finance team during the transition to the new ERP including the design and testing of global consolidation modules.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and resolving complex accounting issues and problems as required.
- Evaluate and complete individual performance evaluations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- CPA designation
- 5-7+ years progressive Financial Reporting experience
- Experience at a Public Accounting firm (any level)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS standards and disclosures
- Bilingual in Spanish, or Portuguese
- Management experience is a plus
$120,000 to $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #338333.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.