About the Company
Our client is a global leader in large Machining, Fabrication and Assembly for original equipment manufacturers. They are looking for an Assistant Controller to provide support and assistance to the Controller in day-to-day tasks, supervision of accounts payable, as well as month end accounting, general ledger maintenance and reporting.
Why Work Here
- Family oriented, professional environment
- Good work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Comply with all current and forthcoming ABS Machining Inc. policies and procedures.
- Month End accounting procedures including bank reconciliation’s, journal entries, reclass entries, pre-paid account analysis and related entries, purchase receipts accrual analysis, maintenance of accrued liability and deferred revenue schedules, employee purchases and preparation of reports, financial analysis, budget preparation and actual vs. budget review process
- Inter-company reconciliations related to expense and fixed asset purchases on a monthly basis
- Monthly Inventory schedule preparation and analysis, assembly by Customer, and by type. Year-end audit physical count supervision, participation and preparation of schedules merged with count information, reconciliation to system balances and NRV testing
- General Ledger account maintenance including monthly reconciliation’s and analysis?
- Assist with the completion of year-end audit working papers
- Maintain Fixed Asset detailed sub ledger, and reconcile to General Ledger on a monthly basis?
- Monitor actual expenses verses budget, prior year and investigate variances. Analysis of consumable purchases by employee and report to managers trend information
- Analyze direct vs. indirect labour hours and report monthly
- Monthly gross profit review by customer / sales order and analysis posted to GL
- Closed jobs gross profit analysis vs. quote including investigation of variances
- Open jobs in process performance review vs. quoted hours for stage of completion?
- Monthly government remittance support preparation, HST, WSB
- Supervise and back-up hourly payroll processing. Ensure proper tracking and payment of authorized vacation, RSP contributions, benefit taxable benefit recording, T-4 preparation, reconciliation and distribution. Posting of monthly general ledger payroll related activity and reconciliation of same to payroll register
- Provide back-up for Finance team, AR & AP processing. Reporting, reconciliations of payroll paid hours vs. inputs to ERP system and related corrections
- Special projects and analysis as required. Production Performance reporting as requested
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with accounting processes
- Manufacturing ERP system experience is a strong asset
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #307050.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.