About the Company
Our client is a leading Canadian clothing and accessories retailer. They are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to take on a variety of financial and accounting activities for the company.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Growth potential for the person in this role to make it what they want (i.e. data lead, increased FP&A duties)
- The company plans to double in size and revenue in the near future
About the Opportunity
- Reconcile various accounts on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis as required.
- Review journal entries and perform reconciliations as needed.
- Perform daily activities related to intercompany transactions.
- Review balance sheet monthly, adjust accruals and prepaid accounts as needed.
- Run aging AR reports and follow up on payment as required.
- Provide financial reporting as requested and provide analysis.
- Prepare Financial Statements including notes and variance analysis.
- Prepare year-end working papers and schedules, liaise with external auditors.
- Support the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Resolve cross departments issues as they arise.
- Document workflows, review and recommend efficiency improvements.
- Report/file with regulatory bodies in Canada and the US.
- Manage and oversee inventory receiving and transfers.
- Actively participate and/or organize semiannual and annual inventory counts
- Investigate count variances and resolve issues.
- Supervise accounting personnel for day-to-day activities, as well as overseeing and verifying work produced.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members on complex non-routine transactions.
- CPA / CPA in progress
- Strong understanding of AP/AR
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and analysis
- Experience with intercompany transactions is an asset
- Experience within the tangible goods or retail industries is an asset
- Experience with database management and large data is an asset
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29399.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.