About the Company
Our client is a leading company within the cannabis industry. They are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to take responsibility for the company’s manufacturing operations financial results and safeguarding of the assets.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package with stock options, 3 to 4 weeks of vacation
- Fast-paced entrepreneurial culture with lots of opportunity for growth-oriented individuals
- Company is expanding quickly, and the share price is already reflecting that growth
About the Opportunity
- Lead joint venture financial tracking and reporting to ensure internal controls are functioning effectively
- Ensure accuracy of JV financial reporting
- Assist in planning cycle and the preparation of annual budget and periodic forecast, and presentation to leadership
- Assist in providing financial leadership, support, and recommendations on the strategic direction of the business, including margins, costs, new products
- Ensure compliance with key control procedures and corporate policies
- Fluid collaboration with Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Assist in site financial reporting, KPIs and cause of change analysis
- Maintain open communication to foster a consistent approach in financial management and reporting
- Work with the Site Operations teams to identify and recommend process improvements
- Provide support for external and internal audits at the site
- Assist Site Controller on other ad-hoc requests
- CPA in progress
- Manufacturing / Plant Experience
- 7-10 years of relevant experience (Cannabis exposure is a strong asset)
- Good communication skills
- MS NAV systems experience is an asset
- Previous people management is an asset
$95,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29394.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.