About the Company
Our client is a well-established distribution company looking to hire an Assistant Controller to their team. This role will be responsible for being the Controller's right hand, providing leadership, mentorship and coaching to the Finance team & supporting business growth.
Why Work Here
- Essential business, growth during COVID
- First class fitness center, cafe, patio
- Multiple employee appreciations throughout year
About the Opportunity
- Manage daily operations of Canadian Accounting area (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Cash Applications plus support for Credit / Collections functions)
- Manage the month-end process from reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations through preparing financial statements.
- Prepare various financial statements and reports.
- Coordinate internal audits to monitor performance and process improvements.
- Provide leadership and development to a diverse, high functioning team.
- Establish relations with banks and other business partners.
- Remain up to date on new accounting requirements.
- 7 year Finance, 4+ years in leadership role
- Experience from a medium to large size company ($500M rev co+) with high volume of transactions
- Experience managing large teams (10+ people), with oversight of AP/AR teams
- Process improvement experience
$120,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28842.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.