About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing, global cannabis company where you will always be challenged every day. In this hybrid role, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for technical accounting, internal controls, process improvement, ad hoc projects, and financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Rapidly growing company
- All star C-suite team with a track record of value creation and success
- Incredible upside potential for the Cannabis space
- New role due to growth
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process for 10+ entities and to produce accurate and timely financial statements for consolidation
- Review journal entries along with reconciliations for both the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Lead the preparation of several financial notes and financial information required for quarterly reporting
- Design, develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial reports
- Develop and advance ERP systems along with company operating procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances and resources
- Provide analytical insight and support to the Regional Controller, Vice President & Controller and CFO
- Manage annual, quarterly, ongoing internal and external audits
- Provide leadership, training, and development of finance staff, ensuring the organization has a high level of performance
- Participate in the due-diligence process, ensuring business decisions are made in the best interest of the Organizations credit and reputational risk
- Work closely with finance functions such as Treasury and Tax on complex issues such as transfer-pricing, customs declarations, excise duty, and anti-money laundering as required
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Strong technical experience and strong working knowledge of US GAAP
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #28069.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.