About the Company
Our client is a large, privately owned company in the tourism industry. They are looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team who will be responsible for overseeing the corporate consolidations and financial reporting at the corporate head office.
- Extremely dynamic and outgoing company culture that values someone who believes in the core values
- Work closely with Senior Management and Finance Leaders to eventually build out the team
- Organization is set up financially well to be in a position to acquire competing companies
About the Opportunity
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the accounting and financial reporting functions in support of overall company strategies and objectives, as established by the executive team
- Prepare month-end activities and preparation of global consolidated financial statements and the various statutory statements
- Ensure global consolidated financials are delivered on a timely and accurate basis
- Prepare a monthly reporting package to the CFO including balance sheet account reconciliations and flux analysis
- Analyze and research any variances within accounts and use analytical skills to assess a variety of financial data
- Lead all audits including the year-end review, any regulatory/tax audits and local statutory audit of the financial statements
- Work closely with global Finance team within the group of companies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions & financial reporting
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years experience in a corporate accounting environment with solid technical accounting knowledge
- Experience with leading month end close ensuring strong process and controls in place and consolidations
- People management experience is an asset
$95.000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27528.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.