About the Company
Our client is a growing organization in the manufacturing industry. They are looking for an Assistant Controller to be responsible for full-cycle accounting and directly support the Controller.
About the Opportunity
- Growing organization with opportunity to move into Controller role
- Update Sales/Production summary reports on a weekly basis in Excel
- Review Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable batches before posting to the General Ledger to ensure amounts are recorded to proper General Ledger accounts
- Reconcile inventory between accounting system and production system and investigate any discrepancies
- Prepare monthly recurring entries for certain expense accounts
- Prepare General Ledger entries
- Update analysis schedules for utilities, telecommunications and vehicle expenses
- Perform month-end procedures for monthly financial reporting
- Review supplier invoices for supporting documents on a daily basis
- Identify any internal control weaknesses and implement solutions
- Visit plant regularly to create, implement and monitor processing efficiencies
- Prepare year-end reconciliations for external audit
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 4-5+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting with manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience is an asset
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25566.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.