About the Company
Our client is a privately held distribution company located in Newmarket. They have added a new position, Assistant Controller, to assist with growth in the company. This position will touch upon all Finance and Accounting related duties of the organization.
Why Work Here
- Significant growth, both organically and through acquisitions
- Hands on experience on how a growing company operates
About the Opportunity
- Monthly preparation of GL support data and corresponding Journal entries
- Monthly reconciliation of GL Accounts (as part of division of duties) and resolution of findings/errors with responsible staff to improve processes.
- Assist in the preparation and publishing of monthly financial statements and supporting analytical reports
- Present and review monthly accounts’ reconciliation to controller and VP Finance
- Mid-month reconciliation and variance resolution between warehouse and system inventories
- Monthly loading of Sales Cubes with Net Gross Margin adjustment data
- Investigation and resolution of variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploying appropriate measures to resolve variances with the appropriate Microcel personnel
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with inventory (ie from distribution, manufacturing industries)
- Experience with multiple areas of a business (reporting, month-end/year-end close process, audit, general ledger)
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25163.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.