ARE YOU AN ASSISTANT CONTROLLER LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team.
This position is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller in the direction of the operational accounting functions. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for all operational financial analytics, costing functions, inventory management, reporting accuracy and efficiencies for all business entities.
About the Opportunity
Manage costing functions
- Manage product cost structures, assess cost drivers and allocations for labour, overhead, freight burden, and scrap factors (where applicable)
- Oversee weekly profitability report generation – review costs and margins with Operations and Sales, correct errors and communicate fixes back to the front end.
- Manage Labour and Overhead variance reporting
- Manage weekly review of labour efficiencies and indirect labour spend
- Oversee the generation of cost estimates to requested individual within 24 hour turnaround
- Produce weekly/monthly MIP reports – standard hours verses actual hours (productivity report).
- Responsible for the Yearly Standard Cost Budget and Quarterly reforecast
- Lead cost reduction projects
- Coach, train, and motivate direct reports and team members
Manage work order support group
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal controls systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting
- Review and manage the analysis of weekly labour reports – confirm paid time matches production hours (no lost time)
- Manage cost updates (standard labour time) to reduce future standard cost variances
- Standard run time - proactively set/review standard labour time, costs in work orders
- Collaborate with Corporate Operations group in developing and maintaining 2017 incentive program
- Collaborate with work order operations to review bills of materials for corrected parts used, prevent negative inventories in sub ledger reports
- Ensure all costs are captured for jobs built in-house as well as outsourced products
Manage inventory system
- Inventory control – Lead yearly physical count and valuation process
- PPV analysis, review and report on price variance (FX, Volume, commodity price)
- Work with Engineering on new projects, verify BOM’s are created with correct cost applied
- Work with Engineering on reducing actual cost to meet target cost
- Development of inventory turns and manufacturing KPI analytics
Represent costing / finance department in Visual ERP Scheduling project
- Provide guidance on cost structure methodology, assess drivers by machine or labour hour, etc.
- Prepare overhead load study and allocation by resource and major operation (Fabrication, Welding, Assembly, Paint) and/or functional group (Restraints, Controls, Docks, ED’s)
- Develop system controls to ensure data integrity in material planning, and various transactions.
- Key involvement in continuous improvement of the Visual ERP system and other system integrations or enhancements.
- Develop system documentation, work instructions and standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing accounting environment
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead teams, train and motivate others
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Exceptional work ethic and meet deadlines
- Project Management and ERP Implementation or enhancement experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Visual Manufacturing experience a definite asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18258.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.