About the Opportunity
- Support and promote company health and safety initiatives
- Prepare month-end financial statements i.e. actuals, forecast summaries, profitability reports and analysis, capital sales, cost of sales reports, etc.
- Analyze inventory on hand and calculate quarterly reserve on excess inventory
- Review parts inventory and finished goods, used and rental equipment for proper valuation
- Assist in estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
- Cost monthly capital sales to ensure proper recognition of accurate margins
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Conduct analysis of various financial reports to identify discrepancies, trends, etc.
- Define and accumulate costs on segments of manufacturing activity or areas of responsibility (cost centers)
- Assist Production/Inventory Control in establishing internal control procedures and source documents for inventory valuation and income determination
- Participate in financial and procedural audits relative to SOX requirements
- Analyze audits of costs and prepare reports
- Assist in preparation of all tax reports including annual income tax packages and transfer pricing documentation for both the Canada and United States
- Prepare and submit sales tax reports for multiple jurisdictions
- Assist with daily invoicing requirements and other day-to-day accounting issues
- Help identify areas for efficiency within the department
- Work within expected company standards regarding ethics, safety, quality / ISO and environmental matters
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment
- A post-secondary education in a business-related discipline
- A CPA designation
- 3+ years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge Microsoft Office products and financial reporting software in and ERP environment is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #304010.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.