Position Title: AR & AP Specialist
The AR & AP Specialist reports to the AR & AP Supervisor and performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following: Key Responsibilities:
• Provide support to the Controller and maintain accounting records (documentation, filing, report generation, review, reconciliation, analysis, journal entries, communication, and correspondence).
• Perform day to day operations of the accounting team.
• Prepare daily bank reconciliations.
• Conduct all Accounts Payable functions.
• Process and record vendor invoices (PO and non- PO invoices).
• Process and record vendor payments (cheque runs, ACH and wire payments).
• Review and reconcile vendor accounts.
• Process and record debit and credit notes.
• Communicate and coordinate with the vendors.
• Conduct all Accounts Receivable functions.
• Process and record deposits (credit card, cheque, and direct deposits) and credit memos.
• Perform daily cash application.
• Review and reconcile customer accounts.
• Communicate and coordinate with customers.
• Coordinate workflow between AR, AP, and other departments.
• Work cross-functionally to support business and system needs.
• Prepare GST and PST returns, and other statutory filings as required. • Contribute to ad-hoc projects, as assigned by the Controller.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Technical Requirements (any software or special requests):
• Diploma in accounting/ finance.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in accounting/ finance.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is an asset.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly attentive to detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment