About the Company
Our client is a software company in Kitchener looking to hire an Application Development Manager to architect technical solutions and lead a team of smart and driven developers.
About the Opportunity
Leads a development team responsible for architecting and developing highly scalable web applications that serve to enable the business to derive value and efficiency and solve business challenges. Creates significant positive impact to the business through the use of modern web technologies, automation, data engineering, and cloud engineering.
- Manage team of 15+ developers to maximize the value delivered to the business
- Design, direct, and complete entire applications and services from start to finish with the ability to scale
- Ensure quality of programs by evaluating solutions for efficiency, scalability and flexibility
- Take an active role in mentoring and training team members
- Routinely identify and drive process improvements
- Ensure solutions produced are operating as expected
- Participate in and lead code-review sessions to identify potential problems and/or alternative solutions
- Lead the development and implementation of technical coding standards
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive experience in production web platform development
- Proven backend coding and architecture experience with OOP languages
- Python experience is a bonus
- Front end experience (Angular or React) is a must
- Cloud development experience (preferably AWS)
- Proven experience in new application development/ architecture in a technical capacity (developer/ architect)
- Proven experience working in Agile development environments
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of entire development cycle, from concept to deployment and monitoring
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Team player with strong attention to detail, with the ability to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and mathematical skills, using sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
$120,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29794
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.