About the Opportunity
- Review purchasing documentation for completeness and compliance with policies and procedures
- Daily processing of supplier invoices: matching invoices with purchase orders, and entering invoices into the accounting system
- Process disbursements for appropriate vendors, suppliers and other external parties
- Manage cheque runs and electronic funds transfers (EFTs)
- Maintain contact with vendors on a regular basis to ensure accounts are up to date
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and billing issues
- Perform periodic reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up on discrepancies
- Serve as liaison between business units and vendors in the resolution of problems, discrepancies and inquiries
- Provide advice and assistance to internal stakeholders with respect to adherence to corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in managing the accounts payable inbox
- Coordinate mail and couriers between sites and external parties
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary school diploma/degree in Accounting is required
- Previous Accounts Payable of more than 3 years is required
- Effective communication, investigation and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts with the ability to calculate discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and tax
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge and experience with accounting software.
- Exposure to Microsoft Navision would be an asset
- High volume invoice experience required
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27572.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.