About the Opportunity
- Process high-volume, full-cycle accounts payable including coding and entering vendor invoices, matching contract / proposal / purchase order / change orders and requesting missing backups from subtrades or other vendors
- Assist in payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor payment schedule, assist in preparing and processing the accounts payable cheque runs and EFT set up
- Review vendor and service provider agreements to ensure alignment between invoices and contractual agreements
- Liaise with vendors to review and reconcile statement of accounts against account and payment history
- Ensure payment credits received from vendors are applied correctly in the system
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure timely and accurate vendor transactions processing and obtain department manager approval for non-client project related invoices
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues prior to issuing any payments
- Respond to supplier inquiries, research and resolve problems related to various budget and invoice issues in Maestro software
- Manage and coordinate accounts receivable activities including preparation of EFT forms, deposit slips and payment applications
- Respond to client inquiries, research and resolve problems related to various budget, payment, and invoice issues in Maestro as applicable
- Performance daily bank reconciliation audits as required.
- Reconcile and close Purchase Orders
- Send monthly A/R and A/P aging statements to financial institution
- Maintain accurate electronic and hardcopy records, including invoices and statement of accounts
- Prepare monthly expense reports for Partnership including statement balance, categorize charges and submit corresponding receipts
- Set up new supplier accounts in various Company software.
- Provide vacation/absence coverage support as required
- Prepare and complete ad hoc requests as required
- Research and approve new vendors and create new vendor accounts
Environment, Pace and Challenges
- Fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- High sense of urgency
- High pressure work environment
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or a related field required
- Minimum 3 years of general accounting experience
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills
- Exception customer service skills
- Solid problem-solving skills and an ability to work within a deadline centric environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Basic proficiency in Mathematics
$25 - $28/hr
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #392599.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.