About the Opportunity
- Supervise, train, and mentor a team of 9-10 Accounts Receivable members, maximizing individual strengths and striving for excellence in customer service and accounting
- Setup of company, review of credit for customers, collection of receivables and ensuring claims and credits are issued in a timely manner
- Billing accuracy and timeliness, ensuring billing is completed and month-end requirements are met
- Days sales outstanding management of target, and ensuring receivable is collected within customer terms
- Aged trial balance review including recommendation of allowance for any provision at invoice level, and customer level
- Work with internal departments to resolve any customer issues such as operations, transportation, contract management, customer care, etc.
- Managing, training, and mentoring of team members
- Maintenance of documentation of processes and workflows, including backup coverage within team members
- Assistance with month-end process billing, checking batches, reconciliation, days sales outstanding calculations, AFDA details, etc.,
- Assistance and support with audit, review, and other internal control requirements
- Managing an Order-to-Cash (O2C) service, offering for multiple clients with large volumes of transactions (large component of role)
- Assist in defining appropriate service level agreements/SOP’s with O2C clients
- Provide monthly O2C Key performance indicator reporting for clients, as defined in the Servile Level Agreement and Standard Operating procedures within client manuals, etc.
- Liaise and meet with clients on an as-needed basis to review account status and provide any account escalation guidance
- Ensure all KPI’s set by clients are met, such as days sales outstanding, deductions, accounts receivable collected within terms, etc.
- Allocation and resourcing requirement for clients, and assistance with process definition, resourcing requirements, reporting, etc.
- Maintenance on documentation of processes, including standard operating processes, and client requirements
- Support Audit, review, and other client requirements as required
- Interview, hire, train, and promote individual team members in the team, including extensive mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual performance and salary reviews, including setting objectives and measurement of key performance indicators
- Coordinate, assign, and review the daily work of team members, including assisting with day-to-day activities and ensuring full backup coverage available within the team
- Set priorities for the team, and coordinate resources to ensure timely processing to meet accounting deadlines, internal controls, and documentation of standard operating procedures
- Identify, lead, and manage projects and initiatives directed towards improved processes
- Ensure efficient and smooth execution of Accounts Receivable processes including accurate cash applications, billing calculations, treatment of deductions, returns, discount transactions, deposits, posting of payments and invoices, invoicing and entries, and collections in line with companies’ policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
- Monitor outstanding receivables and ensure that collection is within Terms and Conditions of Sale as determined by the companies’ policies and clients’ terms
- Proactively investigate and resolve Accounts Receivable-related issues independently and in collaboration with other departments, such as customer care, contract management, returns department, finance, operational departments, etc.
- Ensure that all Accounts Receivable sub-ledger including sub-accounts are reconciled to the General Ledger including calculation of days sales outstanding
- Perform the monthly and yearly task of opening, and closing the Accounts Receivable sub-ledger including running routines
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial reports (cash forecasts, days sales outstanding, allowance for doubtful accounts, any other ad-hoc reports as required)
- Ensure appropriate authorizations are compliant with internal controls and policies
- Ensure that procedures are within Companies’ and accounting standard compliance guidelines
- Provide Accounts Receivable requirements to the external auditors as required
- Assist with system enhancements and testing as necessary for order to cash clients (GP, PHX Max, Accpac, client projects, etc.)
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Accounting Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Accounting Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in complex manufacturing environment
- Customer service experience
- Accounting experience and Accounts Receivable experience
- Effective leadership and proven ability to supervise in a team environment
- Creative problem solving and conflict management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills with ability to prioritize in a demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with ERP systems, such as Great Plains and Accpac
- Maintain a solid work ethic, without sacrificing sense of humor/ability to have fun on the job
$65,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29448.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.