About the Opportunity
- Record Keeping and Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records within the Accounts Receivable system for all financial transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Childcare Subsidy Reporting and Collections: Maintain accurate subsidy records within the Accounts Receivable system and ensure that subsidy claim forms are properly submitted by site directors. Proactively ensure that the collection of subsidies from the different government bodies is done in a timely manner.
- Collections and Follow-ups: Proactively follow up on overdue accounts and outstanding balances. Contact site directors to address payment inquiries, resolve disputes, and arrange payment plans, if necessary.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing financial reports and summaries related to accounts receivable, including aging reports and revenue analysis, to present to management for review and decision-making purposes. Assist in the month-end closing process by preparing accounts receivable listings for the Controller.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Collaborate with the administrative team and the finance department to ensure smooth communication and accurate financial reporting.
- Continuous Improvement: Suggest and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of accounts receivable operations.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or a similar finance-related position is an advantage, particularly in a childcare or educational setting.
- Strong proficiency in financial record-keeping and relevant software (e.g., spreadsheets, accounting software).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact professionally with site directors and collaborate with team members effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to handle sensitive financial information with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Problem-solving skills to resolve billing disputes and outstanding balances tactfully.
$55,000 - $57,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #390492.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.