About the Opportunity
- Support the Accounts Receivable Supervisor by performing various tasks within the Accounts Receivable function.
- For weekly management of the receivables, match and post payments against invoices and contact customers to collect on outstanding balances.
- Resolve any over/short payments in consultation with Sales Administration and address consumer queries.
- Analyze activity through various excel reports such as daily credit limits report, weekly AR cash flow report, AR Aging reports (weekly and month end) and sales report (month end). Perform analysis of AR programs regularly.
- Enter new consumer accounts into ERP system, including changes, based on new account forms prepared by Sales Admin. Ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Liaise with trading department if help is needed to collect any outstanding payments
- Additional tasks as requested
- Post-secondary education in an accounting or business program or equivalent applicable experience
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in cash application, accounts receivable or general accounting
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels (shop floor personnel to senior management
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations required to calculate prices and discounts, debits and credits and prepare reports
- Customer service oriented, possess tact and judgement in dealing with difficult and demanding customers
- Must be able to respond to tight deadlines during regular and peak periods and to last minute demands and requirements
- Organized, detailed oriented, ability to prioritize task
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability and desire to learn
- Possess a high sense of initiative
- Strong judgement and decision making ability
- Possess problem analyses and solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
$52,000 – 58,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #326284
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.