About the Opportunity
We are looking for an AR/AP Specialist. The AR/AP Specialist will report to the Controller and Assistant Controller and will be responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions for the company
- Detail oriented and organized working with a high volume of invoices in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure that both the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions are accurate and timely.
- Communicate and follow-up with the stakeholders (both internal and external) with regards to AP, AR, inter-company transactions.
- Assist with Weekly Reporting
- Assist with month-end / year-end accruals and audits.
- Any other relevant tasks as assigned by management over the period upon mutual agreement.
- Back Up Payroll
- Responsible for creation and system entry of all billing of client invoices and receipt of and posting of all payments.
- Review status of accounts and initiates collection action by contacting customer
- Review, analyze Accounts Receivable aging report and reconciliation the corresponding accounts on monthly basis including inter-company accounts.
- Process Credit Applications and monitor AR coverage and credit limits
- Prepare weekly AR report
- Responsible for validation, entry and posting of vendor invoices through 3-way matching
- Process weekly payments including cheques and wire/EFT
- Review, analyze Accounts Payable aging report and reconciliation the corresponding accounts on monthly basis including inter-company accounts.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Sage 300
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadline
- A team player who works well with colleagues and contributes to a positive working environment
- Drivers Licence – occasional customer cheque pick-up my be required
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #363807
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.