About the Opportunity
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, payments, discrepancy resolution and / or vendor account reconciliations
- Directs a team to provide timely and accurate processing, disbursement of vendor payments, discrepancy resolution and / or vendor account reconciliations.
- Ensures the integrity of the accounts payable accounting system subledger.
- Manage a team including staff hiring, training, performance management, coaching and development.
- Establishes internal controls and procedures to protect the assets of the company and determines new controls or procedures that address the growth of the company.
- Works closely with the various finance groups, reporting, treasury, general accounting and other stakeholders to ensure that specific Accounts Payables activities are appropriately accounted for within the financials.
- Interacts on a regular basis with upper management, internal/external customers as well as vendor partners to implement solutions that meet the company's goals both financially and operationally.
- Responsible for the creation and reporting of monthly metrics/analytics intended to measure output and capacity of the team.
- Fosters an environment of Team Building and employs continuous process improvement principles to optimize, for example invoice processing, invoice discrepancy resolution and vendor payments.
- Own Company-wide Travel & Entertainment expense reporting system (Concur) including integrity of system, onboarding and training of new users.
- May be responsible for: invoice discrepancy resolution, vendor reconciliation, driving working capital vendor payment terms initiatives, vendor master file set-up and maintenance and vendor payments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of accounting or finance experience
- 2 years of people management experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Effective managerial skills to facilitate, implement, and manage change and process enhancement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A firm understanding of accounting and financial concepts surrounding accounts payable and internal controls with the ability to apply them to business situations.
- Demonstrated success with creating and implementing accounts payable best practices and internal controls.
- Experience with SAP Concur expense reporting tool and various ERP packages.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27759.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.