About the Company
- Our client is a leading manufacturer in the construction industry. They are looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Payable department and be responsible for the planning of departmental workload and flow and the disbursement of Accounts Payable individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for Accounts Payable Close at month end
- Supervise and support the Accounts Payable team in resolving issues and ensuring workload is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide new hire orientation and training to new staff in the Accounts Payable department
- Working with Controller to develop and implement best practice policies and procedures to ensure Accounts Payable are processed efficiently utilizing appropriate internal controls
- Manage vendor setup and maintenance; develop and maintain vendor relations
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis, resolving discrepancies and ensuring vendor discounts are utilized
- Review Accounts Payable batches before posting
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Professionally interact with company auditors, tax auditors, and tax recovery specialists as required
- Plan and conduct meetings with Accounts Payable staff to ensure compliance with established practices
- Answer queries and complaints from vendors with respect to payment status and diffuse any potential issues
- Investigate and resolve any tax issues with respect to purchase orders and invoices
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable and 3+ years experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) is an asset
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
$65,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25378.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.