About the Opportunity
- Manage collection and matching of vendor invoices to internal documents and adherence to payment schedules.
- Communicate with vendors to set payment expectation and maintain of an effective relationship.
- Ensure customer invoicing is issued on a timely basis and the project invoicing deadlines are not missed.
- Maintain organizational systems for Accounts Payable and company documents.
- Prepare monthly analysis for cash flow purposes.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist with the month-end close process.
- Enter all vendor and customer invoices into accounting system accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure subcontractor documents, such as WSIB and insurance, are up-to-date and valid prior to processing payments.
- Take ownership of the General Ledger (G / L) Subledger for accounts payables, maintaining its accuracy and consistency to support precise financial reporting.
- Oversee the entire accounts payable process, from invoice collection to payments issuance, ensuring a smooth and efficient flow.
- Manage and process bank and cheque run efficiently, contributing to the timely completion of financial transactions.
- Collaborate closely with team members to ensure accurate and timely accounts payable processes, fostering a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Uphold data accuracy and integrity in all AP-related activities, contributing to the reliability of financial records.
- A recognized university degree or college diploma focused on finance and/or human resources and/or administration.
- Specific training and excellent skills related to computer usage and ERP/accounting systems.
- Enrollment in and working through CPA program. CPA designation an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Min. 1 year in a finance support role
- Experience with core finance tasks such as accounts payable and/or receivables management.
- Demonstrated competency or excellence in the following:
- Judgment and Prioritizing
- Organization and Record Keeping
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #385930.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.