About the Opportunity
- Post and process high volume Accounts Payable invoices in accordance with the supplier’s payment terms and the Company’s policy
- Prepare various payment proposal packages, ensuring proper documentation of all invoices, and supporting documents including verifying the correctness of the invoice entered in the system including proper authorization, signed packing slips, matching with valid purchase orders, appropriate sales tax, correct vendor codes, and General Ledger sourcing codes, etc.
- Review with the Controller the month-end aged Accounts Payable analysis reports
- Account Reconciliations and Analysis – ensure all vendor accounts are reconciled monthly to internal Accounts Payable records, investigate and resolve account/invoice discrepancies and issues
- Handle vendor and customer (internal and external) requests in a timely manner and maintain a professional working relationship with external vendors and customers (internal and external)
- New vendor set-up including processing all the new vendors’ set-up on time, ensuring that withholding taxes occur if applicable
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Credit card reconciliations - prepare monthly reconciliations on credit cards ensuring support documentation is complete
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting duties as assigned
- General administrative duties
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Able to work in a high volume environment with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A relevant bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation in progress
- 5+ years in a similar role
$20 - $25/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28490.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.