About the Opportunity
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pays vendors by verifying federal id numbers
- Scheduling and preparing checks
- Resolving purchase order
- Contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Provide assistance to other accounting staff in the annual external audit review process
- Perform other accounting and administrative duties as may be requested
- Assist the controller with special projects
- Work in compliance with ETG’s Commodity Inc. Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a similar position for a Residential Home-Building Company or in the Construction-Industry
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field of study
- Strong software computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience and/or knowledge of Newstar Accounting Software is an asset
- Able to process large number of transactions with accuracy
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Energetic team player who works well under pressure
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27471.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.