About the Opportunity
- Process non trade payables including rent and utilities in a timely and accurate fashion. Send remittance advice to vendor and maintain vendor master file
- Ensure electronic payments are made according to the Company’s Electronic Transfer policy. Validate banking information with vendors up to the Manager approval level. Significantly reduce reliance on cheque payments, working with banking to leverage electronic based payments in a secure manner
- Review and approve all new non trade vendor set-up and change requests
- Develop efficient vendor invoice flow from invoice receipt to approval to payment
- Facilitate uploading of vendor invoices where possible to reduce data entry including refining invoice upload templates and ensuring tax setup is correct
- Accurately record quarterly accruals
- Perform regular review of any non-trade vendor credits to ensure timely collection
- Manage the travel and employee expense claim process in Concur, from processing reports, maintaining the Concur framework and ensuring the team handles employee queries in a timely manner
- Cash flow reporting – Provide Banking with weekly cash flow analysis based on review of outstanding payables and payments made
- Perform month-end close activities to ensure that accruals are accurate and well documented and that non trade Accounts Payable account reconciliations are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure control procedures are followed and well evidenced. Develop SOW’s and provide process maps for the non-trade Accounts Payable team.
- Prepare quarterly and year end audit requirements for external auditors
- Work with EDI Manager and Trade Accounts Payable manager on EDI (electronic data interchange) including sending vendor credits and remittance advice via EDI
- Play a key role in ERP system conversions/upgrades and other business changes with regards to accounts payable. Anticipate impact of changes and address accordingly
- Manage and develop team of accounts payable specialists
- Assist on various ad hoc projects as required
- College or Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in accounts payable, preferably at the supervisor or manager level
- Previous experience with month-end processes (reconciliations, accruals and journal entries)
- Accounting and financial analysis skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Able to manage and develop team
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, including ability to develop strong relationships with key Pet Valu partners
- Strong MS Excel skills essential (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong ability to maneuver easily in the ERP system, to data mine and design reports/analysis as needed
- Exposure to Microsoft Navision, Access and JetReports an asset
$25 - $31/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29018.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.