About the Opportunity
The position reports directly to the Manager, Finance Operations and is responsible for the processing and payment of all payables in accordance with company policies and procedures. The position is accountable for ensuring proper authorization, recording, processing and payment of all vendor invoices and staff expense claims in an efficient and timely manner while supporting the general day-to-day workflows of the finance operations team
- Process invoices and payments to vendors on a timely basis in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Upload electronic or hardcopy invoices into Invoice Automation Software (V1)
- Ensure proper authorization routes are chosen based on departmental responsibilities and approval thresholds
- Process employees’ expense reports ensuring proper managerial authorization, appropriate supporting documentation and accurate treatment of provincial taxes
- Verify accuracy of invoices and employee expenses and process them on a timely basis
- Ensure accuracy in coding payables and compliance with policy
- Communicate with internal business units to verify the nature of costs
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding invoice payments
- Be the backup for maintaining and providing technical support for Invoice Automation Software V1
- Reconcile carry-forward balances on invoices to avoid duplicate payments
- Maintain proper documentation supporting all electronic cash disbursements
- Ensure accuracy of approvals relating to vendor invoices, staff expense claims and cash disbursements
- Ensure timely processing of payments to avoid penalties and interest charges
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist or lead in ad hoc projects
- Post-secondary diploma with a major in accounting and/or enrollment in an accounting designation program
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience in an accounting department and/or Finance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of commodity taxes for all the provinces.
- High attention to detail with an ability to process and manage volume transactions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Prior experience in using accounting software
- Ability to stay focused on tasks with little supervision
- Knowledge of securities industry would be an asset
$45,000 - $48,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #300629
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.