About the Opportunity
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable function. This includes receiving, processing and verifying invoices and employee expense reports, reconciling supplier statements and processing payments. The Accounts Payable Administrator is the main point of contact for inquiries related to vendor invoices and expense reports and for assisting employees with purchases. This position is also responsible for monthly reconciliation of prepaid expenses and fixed assets
- Verify proper authorization of vendor invoices and enter and code expenses to appropriate GL accounts
- Work directly with project managers and managers to ensure vendor invoices are appropriately recorded to projects and, where applicable, for re-billing to customers
- Verify employee expense reports and process for payment
- Review and reconcile vendor accounts and statements in maintaining accurate accounts payable records
- Respond in a timely fashion to vendor and employee queries relating to invoices and expense reports.
- Maintain vendor and employee records in the company’s ERP system
- Maintain historical records of all invoices, reports and payments by ensuring all documents are saved in accordance with company procedures
- Assist other departments with purchases as requested
- On a monthly basis, reconcile prepaid expenses and fixed assets and update the prepaid expenses and fixed assets schedules
- Assist with budget to actual variance analysis and with the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Assist with the year-end audit
- B.A. or B.Comm.
- Enrollment in the CPA program is an asset
- Minimum of two years’ related experience.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional accuracy in work delivered.
- Meets deadlines and commitments.
- Flexible and organized.
- Customer and quality focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
$45,000 - $55,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #324122
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.