About the Opportunity
- Responsible for timely & accurate processing of invoices (PO & Non-PO)
- Enter/ process invoices in JDE & Coupa system, batch and code invoices to appropriate cost centers, general ledger accounts/ charge codes based on information provided. Review coding provided to the extent possible and advise accordingly if necessary.
- Match invoices to POs, review discrepancies & take appropriate action to either resolve or accept & adjust for differences subject to allowed thresholds
- To the extent information available and not done so by PO creator/ vendor, review taxes on POs/Invoices to ensure appropriate taxes are self assessed/ paid & recorded.
- Support month-end closing including preparation of journal entries & account reconciliations
- Identify & prepare journal entries related to Accounts Payable/ Payments/ Accruals/ Prepaids etc.
- Prepare company wide reconciliations of Accounts Payable General Ledger accounts to corresponding subledgers / cheque reconciliations
- Help with internal & external audits including (SOX) Internal Control Audits, Annual Audits, CRA Tax Audits, Tax Recovery engagements etc.
- Ensure & enforce adherence to company policies, procedures & internal controls
- Ensure & enforce that all invoices are approved in line with DOA policy before entering in the system/ making payments
- Verify all incoming disbursement requests and vendor invoices meet established criteria required for processing, and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate void check activities in AP system and in appropriate corresponding bank account
- Manage & ensure appropriate document retention in area of Accounts Payable & Payments
- Respond to vendor inquiries & assist with resolution of vendor issues
- Reconcile vendor accounts on an on-going basis
- Prepare & process weekly payrun including preparation of ACH, EFT & cheque payments as well as positive pay file, send supplier notifications
- Investigate & resolve any failed payments and any issues with invoices processed through Coupa
- Support internal inquiries relating to Accounts Payables, Accruals, Payments & related processes
- Work with purchasing/various departments / plants to resolve any invoice discrepancies
- Support in providing orientation to new colleagues joining AP function across sites • Support any inquiries coming from the plants & corporate functions in the area of A/P and Payments
- Assist with various projects & P2P issue resolution related to Accounts Payable
- Minimum 5 years of experience of financial principles & accounts payable/ procure to pay cycle
- University or college degree in Business, Accounting or related
- Manufacturing industry experience or heavy industries
- Strong attention to detail and controls
- Process oriented
- Previous experience using Coupa
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels within organization and across functions
- Experience with JD Edwards and banking payment platforms
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27690.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.