About the Company
Our client is a is a leader throughout North America in the innovation, design, and production of a broad and diverse range of exterior and interior building products. They are looking for an Accounting Supervisor who directs the accounting, reporting and planning activities of multiple business units within the Siding & Trim business.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Relaxed culture
- Mixed of tenured and new staff
- Friendly environment
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of the accounting for the relevant manufacturing sites including the entirely of the P&L, Manufacturing Statement and all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of the monthly forecasting, monthly and quarterly variance analysis of actuals to forecasts and budgets, and annual budget preparation.
- Ensure inventory costing is complete and accurate for all manufacturing sites
- Supervise and train staff as appropriate for their position and training needs.
- Ensure satisfactory financial controls, reviews and corporate SOX compliance for all relevant sites.
- Responsible for tracking and leading the remediation of internal control deficiencies for all relevant sites.
- Supervise and/or prepare journal entries, account reconciliation and schedules for quarterly review and year-end audit processes with the outside audit firm.
- Work closely with external and internal auditors on internal controls questions, issues and deficiencies.
- Supervise and/or prepare reports to support external financial reporting and SEC filings.
- Work closely and partner with key members of the business team.
- Perform other accounting job responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Various special projects as required.
- Completion of a university degree in Finance or Business
- Minimum five years related experience in an accounting role.
- Finance or Accounting degree required; CPA or MBA preferred
$115,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #388083
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.