About the Company
Our client is a leading organization in the distribution industry. They are currently looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. This will be a hybrid role of FP&A and day-to-day accounting.
About the Opportunity
- Completes quarterly performance reviews, coaches, disciplines as need be; provides ongoing training/retraining; and monitors the work performance of each team member to ensure they are prepared to meet or exceed the standards for their position
- Completes the compilation and analysis of the full set of accounting statements, including cash flow statements, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and maintenance of fixed asset sub-ledgers
- Manages and reports daily cash and prepares cash forecast, monitors collection activities
- Prepares annual budgets in collaboration with Operations and consolidates the departmental budget into one
- Processes HST filing, making sure input tax credits are calculated and claimed according to Legislative requirements
- Oversees the billing of major cost-plus customers, completes final review of all supporting documents and prepares period end reports
- Journalizes payroll registers in the general ledger, makes payroll remittances, and uploads payroll direct deposits to the bank
- CPA Designation or CPA in progress
- 3+ years leadership and accounting responsibilities in a similar role
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the accounting cycle, up to reporting according to GAAP and Financial Reporting Techniques in both Canada and the US
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25884.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.