About the Company
Our client is in the Artificial Intelligence home gym space. They are seeking an Accounting Manager, Inventory & Costing who will assist our Senior Manager, Accounting in managing the day-to-day inventory cycle of the related group of companies.
Why Work Here
- U&C culture, dynamic innovative people
- Fast moving, dynamic in a period of growth, agile
- Tons of celebrity endorsement of product, adding new celebrities all the time
- Be part of the booming home workout market of AI fitness technology
About the Opportunity
- Collaborate with the operational side of the business to perform inventory analysis and provide meaningful commentary of inventory flux to the Finance organization as part of month-end reporting packages
- Maintain standard cost models, ensure that information received is up to date and relevant and that any variances are analyzed and incorporated into workflow
- Review and analyze margins, analyzing purchase price variances and performing sensitivity analysis
- Manage inventory reports including reconciling to the system and usage
- Investigate the cause of any inventory irregularities
- Tracking emergency purchases and consigned goods to ensure proper matching of expenses
- Work with both the manufacturing team and outsourced finance team to design and implement processes to strengthen controls over inventory
- Collaborate with our management information system and operation team to develop enhancements to the inventory accounting system and improve process engineering
- Working with the operational side of business to analyze inventory levels and usage to identify potential excess and obsolete inventory
- Work with the internal and outsource finance team in recording of accounting entries relating to inventory adjustments
- Assists in monthly and annually closing and external audit, including cycle counts and year-end inventory count schedules
- Participate in other projects and other duties as needed
- 4 years+ of relevant work experience in an operational accounting role is preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP is a definite asset
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #302753.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.