About the Company
Our client is a technology and solutions company. They are looking for an Accounting Manager.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Long tenure at company = Strong employee culture/satisfaction
- Great benefit package
- Hybrid work environment
- Friendly management team with “open door” policy
- Exposure to owning your own business line, working with multiple levels of leadership team
- Manages financial month end close for the Industrial Divisions independently and through direct reports, including preparation of the financial package and presentation of the financial review. Reviews the LDS P&L, reviews and approves JV's and reviews actual and forecast reports before submission to HO.
- Attends leadership meetings and prepares consolidated reports.
- Provides analysis on product categories, profitability and other KPI's (D-chart/F-chart) as required. Prepares documentation, reporting and ensures compliance with internal, external and SOX audit requirements.
- Supports Controller and external audit teams in the provision of audit requirements.
- Reviews Balance Sheet and other documentation to highlight any potential risk elements to protect company assets such as inventory, accounts receivable and fixed assets.
- Reviews information and follows up on discrepancies to protect against fraud and reports and provides proof of suspicious activities.
- Authorizes purchases of inventory, non-inventory, fixed assets, and advertising dockets, journal entries, credit notes, payment approvals and expense reports within approved limits.
- Approves daily cycle counts, transfers, and QA counts.
- Ensures documentation is compliant with company and division policies.
- Provides timely and accurate financial services to business partners, in accordance with management instructions, Corporate Policy, Divisional Policy and legislative requirements to management and assists in decision making.
- Ensures financial services meet changing business needs, and the external environment.
- Prepares and develops various statistical and analytical reports.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Assists with the preparation of the LDS divisional annual budget including financial statements: Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Accounts Receivable, Cash Flow, Inventory and Purchases forecast, Reserves Analysis. Reports issues and follows up on discrepancies.
- Contributes to the Division's profitability by investigating all budget discrepancies, monitoring and controlling customer specific sales programs (e.g., VIR, COOP Advertising, Marketing Development Funds, Sales Promotions).
- Provides analysis and recommendations as required. Implements approved process changes.
- Prepares regular P&L comparison to budget and last year and provides KPI comments. Create Today. Enrich Tomorrow.
- Mentors, guides, coaches, trains, and cross trains staff and ensures staff development that is consistent with the company objectives.
- Participates in hiring, dismissal, performance evaluation, and the resolution of other staff issues.
- Ensures adherence to corporate employment equity objectives.
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Senior Accountant/ Analyst or Manager level experience required
- Industry: Manufacturing, CPG or similar
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #382876
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.