About the Company
Our client is in the public health industry. They are looking for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing the roles of accounts payable, banking, and general accounting.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Work from home – team has flexibility to go into the office as they wish
- Social committee who hosts BBQs, Holiday Party etc
- Work perks through Vengo on Day 1
- Focus on employee retention and promoting from within
- Certified as great place to work for 2022-2023
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting operations including periodic/monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting activities
- Oversee all reconciliation and ledger analysis
- Coordinate, plan, collaborate and manage year-end activities
- Provide detailed analysis, interpretation and global variance explanations of financial statements
- Support development of annual plans/budgets and forecasts and incorporation into accounting software
- Develop accounting tools and processes to support evolving needs
- Manage a team including training, development and team building initiatives
- Assist/lead/implement financial projects
- Develop, test and implement system enhancements, financial reports and KPIs
- Ensure processes are operating within a robust control environment and compliant with accounting procedures and policies
- Identify issues and work closely with cross-functional teams to find solutions.
- Respond to financial requests and inquiries from various business areas, external partners and government
- 5+ years experience in a full cycle Accounting role (or similar)
- 1+ years experience in a Management capacity
- CPA designation
- Experience working at a Public firm strongly preferred
- Experience working in Healthcare strongly preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #374598
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.