About the Company
Our client is an asset manager in the real estate industry. They are looking for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for the full cycle accounting and corporate reporting of one of the organization's funds.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very collaborative office.
- Hiring manager is a fantastic mentor – very personable, intelligent, and wants staff to succeed.
- Oversight of the preparation and timely reporting of consolidated fund financial statements in accordance with IFRS and regulatory requirements, on a quarterly basis
- Manage day-to-day financial operations for the company’s funds and holding entities, including projecting cashflows and liquidity needs, preparing and reviewing capital calls, distributions, funding investments, and managing credit facilities and/or investments and associated compliance requirements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly valuations for the company’s real estate investments; calculate key performance indicators for individual assets and funds
- Prepare financial reports and presentations to investors on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis to support investor queries and investor relations activities
- Coordinate the interim and annual audit for the company’s funds and corporate entities, including liaising as the first point of contact with external auditors, researching accounting standards, and drafting investment accounting policy recommendations related to acquisitions, divestitures and other complex transactions
- Assist with income tax compliance and filings across various jurisdictions, including Canadian Partnership and Corporate returns, US Partnership returns and HST filings
- Oversee corporate and senior accounting staff to accurately maintain the general ledgers of investment and holdings entities, including consolidation and intercompany accounts, approving coding of transactions, and provide oversight of financial reports received from third-party property and development managers
- Ensure all accounting and internal control processes are adhered to and in compliance with the company’s policies, compliance requirements, and best practices
- Oversight of other key day-to-day accounting operations for various legal entities including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management
- Collaborate with other groups across the organization, including, asset management, investment, development, and investor relations to support business decision making, fundraising activities, and key transactions
- Opportunity to contribute to various special projects related to technology, systems and software, and other business processes and planning to support the firm’s growth and scalability
- A university degree and has 3 to 5 years of work experience in consolidation and financial reporting, ideally within the real estate or private equity industry
- Possess a CPA designation with strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices (GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory requirements
- Experience managing high performing teams
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #372588
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.