About the Company
Our client is a leading mid-sized law firm. They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their Accounting team.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Professional and fast-paced environment
- Strong and stable company
About the Opportunity
- Supervising Accounting Team:
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for trust accounting, billing, collections, accounts payable, cash receipts, and financial reporting;
- Recruits and hires accounting staff and evaluates performance;
- Coordinates training for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Daily and Weekly:
- Monitor and journalize general bank account activities;
- Monitor trust account and contra account balances;
- Monitor corporate credit card balances and take action as required;
- Prepare assigned balance sheet and overhead reconciliations;
- Monitor unposted WIP and unbilled WIP;
- Work closely with AP to determine cash outflows and prepare cash forecast.
- Reconcile general and trust accounts on a monthly basis;
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts;
- Prepare and file monthly HST, employee health tax, and source deduction payables ;
- Monitor and maintain prepaids, overhead accruals, leasehold improvements, and fixed assets schedules;
- Monitor intercompany transactions.
- Year-End and More:
- Assist with year-end closing through the preparation and compilation of supporting schedules and provide explanation to external auditor;
- Assist with ad hoc projects;
- Back up other accounting functions.
- 5+ years' related experience working in an accounting function at a law firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe
- Experience working with an accounting system, i.e., EQ, Elite, Aderant or PC Law
Up to $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #328007.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role