About the Company
Our client is a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm serving Real Estate Investors, Real Estate Agents, Land Developers, Contractors and Builders. They are looking for an Accounting Manager who will be an essential part of their team by ensuring that client financials are brought up-to-date quickly and accurately.
Why Work Here
- Fairly new team, oldest team member is 2 years tenure
- All work is cloud based, lots of collaboration via group chats, daily morning huddles
- Willing to offer help, tight knit culture
- Fridays: Lunch and Learn – social event for team
About the Opportunity
- Prepare & review personal (T1), trust (T3) and corporate (T2) income tax returns
- As required, effectively plan, supervise, and execute assurance (audits and reviews) engagements, accounting projects in accordance with all relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- As required, complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagement files to ensure that the engagement / project is in accordance with the relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews
- Develop the skills, capabilities, and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Effectively manage and focus Firm resources
- Apply appropriate industry / business knowledge in anticipating, identifying, and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-focused environment
- 1+ year's experience as in manager or leadership role
- 4+ year's experience within Public Accounting
- Ability to prepare more complex T2 tax returns and to review simpler ones
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 302717.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role