About the Company
Our client is the Founder and Managing Partner of one of Canada's largest and most-respected Private Equity firms. They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to manage and oversee the accounting function for the Family Office, which includes a couple holding companies and a charitable foundation.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Highly visible role with direct access to Senior Management
- Company phone and laptop fully paid for
About the Opportunity
- Perform daily accounting duties including monitoring cash balances, posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial analysis
- Perform accounts payable function including invoice review and verification
- Prepare EFT payments and wire transfers in strict compliance with the electronic payment policy
- Monitor and track expenditures and variances, and take corrective measures as needed
- Researching and resolving issues or discrepancies with vendor accounts and invoices
- Managing vendor relationships, requests, and payments
- Preparation of monthly bank accounts and credit card reconciliations
- Track values of real property, vehicles, equipment and the like for accounting and insurance purposes
- Timely processing of bi-weekly payroll, ROE’s & T4’s and year end reconciliation
- Prepare and file HST, WSIB, EHT, payroll source deductions and all other government filings
- Manage due dates for all charitable donation payment commitments, insurance and tax payment and filing deadlines
- Preparation of journal entries (accruals, prepaid, FX, etc.)
- Responsible for monitoring cash flow including the preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Provide month end/year end analysis and other ad hoc analysis as required
- Compilation of data to support audit and tax-related activities
- Preparation of audit working papers and interactions with external auditors
- Review existing departmental process and procedures on a continuous basis and identify areas for improvement
- Monitor internal controls and ensure compliance
- Effective management of tasks on a weekly and monthly basis to create an efficient period close process.
- Maintain and organize the filing system for records and documents
- Maintain paperless environment
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- 3+ years of strong and hands-on full-cycle accounting (AR and AP included)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- CPA designation is a strong asset
- QuickBooks Online knowledge is a strong asset
- Payroll experience is a strong asset
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29727.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.