About the Company
Our client is a leading sporting goods retailer. They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to take on a hybrid role of month-end duties, financial reporting, yearly budgeting, treasury, and other ad-hoc projects.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package, with competitive bonus
- 3 weeks vacation to start, 7 sick/personal days, standard company benefits, RRSP program, discount on company products, CPA dues reimbursement
- Company is doing extremely well, with joint investments in technology and supply chain leading to more ability and resources.
- Work for a fantastic Controller and VP who values mentorship and supports career growth/ development
- Opportunities to grow and progress as the company continues to expand and grow
About the Opportunity
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas responsible during month-end close processes
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Prepare and/or review audit schedules as required during annual audit
- Responsible for annual impairment analysis
- Continuous process re-engineering of existing accounting processes and procedures to eliminate non-value-added activities, reduce processing time and eliminate manual intervention.
- Establish and implement controls where required in areas of responsibility to ensure appropriate protection of company assets and accurate reporting of financials.
- Perform control review of customer changes.
- Work with the A/R, A/P and Treasury teams to ensure proper cash application and reporting of cash-related transactions.
- Act as a financial business partner to stakeholders, utilizing enhanced communication skills to build relationships and acquire necessary information and data to achieve functional goals.
- Complete quarterly reporting to parent company.
- Review the bank reporting requirements to ensure complete and timely reporting.
- Prepare and maintain the cash forecasting analysis to be reviewed by Controller and CFO
- Oversee the tracking and accounting of leases for IFRS 16 purposes.
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 5 years of strong well-rounded accounting experience (full cycle, reporting, analysis)
- Experience managing with direct reports
- Treasury and AR experience (strong experience with cash management, bank reconciliations, etc.)
- Experience in a mid-size or large company - ability to handle high volume of transactions
$95,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29449.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.