About the Company
Our client is an asset manager within the real estate sector. They are looking for an Accounting Manager for this highly visible and well-rounded position within the organization.
Why Work Here
- Very collaborative office culture
- Hiring manager is a fantastic mentor – very personable, intelligent, and wants staff to succeed
- Hard work gets rewarded
About the Opportunity
- Prepare reporting of the company’s consolidated financial statements in accordance with regulatory requirements on a quarterly basis
- Prepare financial information for external reports to investors and regulatory filings, including quarterly financial reporting package and various additional investor reporting
- Accurately maintain the general ledgers of numerous investment and holdings entities, including consolidation and intercompany accounts
- Coordinate the interim and annual audit, including liaising with external auditors, researching accounting policies and standards and drafting investment accounting memos
- Coordinate income tax compliance and filings across various jurisdictions, including Canadian Partnership and Corporate returns, US Partnership returns and HST filings
- Ensure all accounting processes are adhered to and in compliance with audit standards
- Assist with determining the accounting treatment and preparation of related documentation for investment acquisition and divestiture activities
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations for corporate entities including accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury management
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management
- 2+ years of work experience in consolidation and financial reporting ideally within the real estate industry
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28545.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.