About the Company
Our client is a leader in the fast-growing FinTech industry. They are looking to add an Accounting Manager to lead all things accounting, including managing and overseeing daily accounting activities, monitoring and analyzing accounting data to produce various reports and statements, and maintaining proper accounting practices and procedures.
About the Opportunity
- Oversee all accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and treasury tasks
- Lead all day-to-day accounting and period end close activities, including period end journal entries and GL maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules for financial statements
- Prepare and communicate month-end reporting packages timely and accurately
- Conduct various analyses, including revenue/backlog and gross margin
- Assist in making value added business decisions
- Review new contracts for appropriate revenue recognition
- Research accounting issues under US GAAP and coordinate US GAAP/IFRS reconciliation
- Develop and implement processes and controls over financial reporting
- File monthly GST returns, coordinate with tax advisors for annual tax filing, and respond to tax authorities’ requests for information
- Support budgeting and forecasting process
- Support Controller with a multitude of various accounting activities and special projects, including workflow process improvements
- Supervise, mentor and coach direct reports
- Industry related IFRS or US GAAP experience
- People management experience is an asset
$105,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27295.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.