About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing, global cannabis company where you will always be challenged every day. As a member of the Finance team, you will lead all operational activities for the company including period end close, process improvements, and working closely with the external reporting group.
- Rapidly growing company
- All star C-suite team with a track record of value creation and success
- Incredible upside potential for the Cannabis space
- New role due to growth
About the Opportunity
- Ensure that reporting functions are meeting monthly deadlines to ensure timely month-end close, quarterly and annual reporting in a US GAAP, public-company environment
- Review journal entries and reconciliations for both the Balance Sheet and Income Statement during month-end close process to ensure accuracy of month end results
- Implement process and procedural improvements to optimize the workflow within the department
- Own the accrual process from start to finish, recording, accuracy, and education surrounding the accruals process
- Help to maintain an exceptionally strong internal control environment
- Proactively manage and monitor overall performance to drive accuracy and timeliness of all deliverables
- Focus upon developing team members
- Provide overall strategic planning, team development, and business process efficiency to the team
- Establish regular communication with stakeholders to share successes and solicit challenges or concerns
- Help to identify and implement new controls surrounding accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and financial reporting functions\
- 5 years’ experience in a manager role with direct reports in a large/global organization
- People Management and Operational Accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$95,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27240.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.