Our client is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to fulfill a 6 month contract. You will be responsible for the accounting, financial reporting and analysis of financial statements under various accounting bases (USGAAP, IFRS).
About the Opportunity
- Accounting, analysis and reporting
- Ensure all monthly accounts, accruals are calculated accurately
- Investigate anomalies or unexpected variances in the operational accounting results
- Prepare and review quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- Prepare or review journal entries and reconciliations
- Timely and accurate production of quarterly financial submissions to corporate accounting
- Preparation of annual and quarterly statutory reports
- Support the AVP, Finance by managing ad-hoc projects when required
- Support other areas of the finance department
- Indirectly manage junior staff (review journal entries, reconciliation or other reports)
- Respond to inquiries made by internal and external auditors
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CMA/CGA)
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with solid exposure to financial reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated strength in the use of MS Excel, MS Access, Cognos, Essbase
- Good understanding of different bases of accounting (GAAP and IFRS – Canada and USA)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical accounting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime at quarter and year-end
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26189.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.