We are looking for an Accounting Manager to work with our awesome team. If you are someone who prides themselves in being organized, accurate, dedicated, agile, driven to exceed expectations and a champion of celebrating success, we want to hear from you!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for leading a team of two revenue accountants and be the lead person for the accounting of all customer contracts, account receivable and reporting and analysis of revenue, receivables and cash receipts forecasting. Reporting to the VP Finance, you will be part of a small and tight knit team and have the opportunity to add value from day one for our high-growth, high-tech organization.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the financial component of professional service projects including working closely with revenue accountants, project managers and other stakeholders to ensure accuracy of time submissions, billings, project forecasting and revenue recognition, along with investigating variances and discrepancies
- Responsible for understanding and analyzing sales contracts, software license agreements and statements of work to determine the billing for license fees, maintenance and support, and professional services and following up with client on any discrepancies. Performing SSP analysis to calculate the split between revenue components under IFRS 15 and applying the steps necessary to properly account for customer contracts under IFRS 15
- Review monthly revenue recognition of projects and analyzing variances, liaising with project managers and the VP Operations to understand discrepancies between forecast and actual results
- Collaborate with Sales during client contract negotiations to resolve sales forecasting discrepancies, and to create client quotes
- Review and sign off on monthly revaluation of accounts denominated in foreign currencies and reconciliations between the sub-ledger and the GL
- Responsible for managing cash collections, AR aging, DSO and customer relationships as well as performing expected credit loss analysis per IFRS 9
- Contribute to the company’s profitability by providing accurate, relevant and timely financial information to various stakeholders
- Complete the revenue portion of monthly MD&A and report and assisting the VP Finance on board and management reporting
- Professional designation, CPA preferred
- At least 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, including revenue recognition within a software environment
- Experience in time reporting using an Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system an asset, preferably within the Finance Department of a professional services organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency (including pivot tables)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of full accounting cycle
- Results oriented
- Effective teamwork skills
- Able to handle a high level of stress and a fast-paced environment
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24674.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.